Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

Whew!

 
As of today we are done with 4 straight weeks of hosting company.  On top of having company, I caught my brother's terrible illness (influenza?) and had 2 weeks of misery in coughing, headaches, sore throat and aches as I battled that.  So, the last month has flown by in a whirlwind of activity and I'm thankful to be leaving that behind and heading into a month of more relaxation before CC starts.
 
Thank you to those of you who prayed for my friends in the dire situation.  (See previous post).  Baby Remmy is breathing on his own now and should be released from the burn center very soon.  The dad's burns are healing well and someone has provided them with a house to live in until they find a new home to buy.  The community has gifted them with money and enough new stuff to fill an entire house.  Our church continues to emotionally support them through the immense grief of losing their two little boys in this fire.  Keep praying for them, especially for the 5 year old boy as he copes with his grief and loss.
 
I look forward to being "back to blogging" and sharing my heart for keeping things simple here on "A Stick and Sand."

No comments:

Post a Comment